Monmouth County Divorce Attorney
Request a free consultation


Monmouth County Divorce Lawyer Firm Overview Attorney Profiles Family Law Contact Us

Monmouth County Child Custody Attorney

What You Need to Know About Child Custody

If you are going through a divorce then you may know that one of the biggest issues that must be resolved is that of child custody. When two parents will no longer be living together, the time and decision making regarding their child will need to be determined. You and your spouse can choose to come to an arrangement on your own with the approval of the court, or if you cannot agree on the terms, the court will step in to make the decision. Depending on your circumstances you may be able to receive sole custody or joint custody; however in some cases you may be denied custody of your child entirely. If this is the case then you may be granted various visitation rights.

The court will often try to rule in a favor of a decision that has both parents involved, even if they are given different amounts of time and parental rights. The best interest of the child is what the court tries to consider the most, and in doing that, they will try to allow the child to spend time with both parents as long as they believe that it will not be detrimental to their well-being. Some of the factors that they will consider include how much time each parent has normally spent with the child, the mental status of both parents, their financial means, if they are employed, their ability to provide a caring and structured home and if there are any issues of domestic violence. Depending on how the court sees fit, they can award custody to either or both parents.

Modification of Child Custody

In many situations, the circumstances that were present during the time of the divorce are no longer true. The court may have ruled for custody to be given in a certain manner but one or both of the parents may see that the original order is no longer best suited for the situation. This may be that one of the parties is unstable and not able to take care of the child as they should. In these situations, or other related ones, the court can be petitioned to make a modification to the terms of the divorce. If they find a change that is significant enough, they can choose to make the adjustment.

If you are facing a child custody issue then you will greatly benefit from the legal assistance of a Monmouth County divorce lawyer from Amdur, Maggs & Shor, PC. Our firm is dedicated to the exuberant representation of our clients, we have extensive experience in divorce and family law matters. Do not hesitate to retain the legal services that you will need in order to maximize your chances of a favorable outcome of your case from our firm today.

How a Monmouth County Child Custody Attorney Can Help You

Your case is extremely important to us and we will fight vigorously to see that you achieve a favorable outcome of your case. If you work with our firm you can be sure that you will receive extensive one-on-one personal service in order for us to better understand your case and what your goals and desires are for the outcome. As we better understand your case, we will custom build a case and tailor our strategy in order to maximize your chances of a favorable outcome of your case in court. If you choose to work with us then we will be able to answer your questions, discuss your options, advise you as to the best legal action for you to take and provide you with exuberant representation of your case in court.

Contact our firm if you need legal representation.

No matter whether  you're in a negotiation or a trial, we can help level the playing  field.
We will walk you through every step leading to the start of your new life.
Hire a firm where everyone knows your name and every case is handled by a team of experienced attorneys.
Click here to read our firm's blog.
Amdur, Maggs & Shor, PC - Monmouth County Divorce Attorney
Located at 1 Industrial Way West, Westridge Building B Eatontown, NJ 07724. View Map
Phone: (732) 474-7531 | Local Phone: (732) 389-3800.