Skip to Content
Call For A Consultation 732-474-7531

Enforcing Court Orders


When it comes to the dissolution of a marriage, it is common that the court will step in to make the decision. They may choose how a couple will deal with shared responsibilities of a child, if support will be paid to one of the individuals, how property will be divided and more. There are many factors of life that will be influenced by a divorce, whether a couple is able to agree to the terms themselves or not.

When the court makes an order, it is the law to adhere to it. Many people fail to do this for a number of reasons. It may be the loss of a job or the personal belief that a payment is higher than it should be. Changes must all be made through the court and these can be pursued through a modification. A modification is a legal option through which divorce terms are reviewed by the court, along with a change in circumstances and the court can choose if they believe there is reason for an adjustment to be made. This is the way a change should be made since failing to do it legally can lead to ramifications.

When a former spouse or the parent of a child is failing to follow these terms the court can be pursued to enforce an order. This may be in regards to spousal support payments, child support, child custody, visitation and relocation. This can be a valuable option for those that are not being paid or are not being given the time with their child that they legally have a right to. Since the court is often dealing with countless legal disputes, it can be easy for them to overlook enforcement.

To have a legal representative help you seek enforcement of a court order, call Amdur, Maggs & Dugan office today.

Share To: